Coastal Plain League TrackMan Operator
TrackMan leverages industry leading 3D doppler radar technology to capture the most comprehensive and accurate ball tracking data in the game. TrackMan data is used for player evaluation and development by all Major League teams in the US and the majority of teams in Japan and Korea, as well as top NCAA D1 programs. TrackMan is also used by MLB Advanced Media, as a ball tracking component of the revolutionary Statcast system.
The Coastal Plain League and TrackMan are seeking highly motivated and detail oriented candidates to operate the TrackMan radars at Coastal Plain League locations, specifically all assigned Coastal Plain League team home games (schedule varies based on team). The duties require that this role arrive at least one hour before first pitch and continue one half hour following the final out of game to confirm data is fully uploaded correctly. This position runs from May 25th – August 15th.
- Responsible for setting up rosters and tagging information in TrackMan.
- Log information for the entire game – monitoring the system and making any changes throughout the game (i.e. roster changes, defensive substitutions, etc.).
- Troubleshoot system issues with Trackman support, fixing any errors, and uploading the game to the TrackMan.
- Maintain TrackMan equipment required for tagging.
- Current college student or recent graduate with education focused on Sports Management, Statistics / Mathematics, Operations Management, or similar.
- Strong computer skills to operate the system and/or troubleshoot systemic issues
- A firm understanding of baseball is required.
- Candidate must be able to make all home games and able to work nights during the week and weekends associated with home games. (May 25th – August 15th)
- Accommodations in location of assigned Coastal Plain League team, or the surrounding areas, for the duration of the season.
- Basic database and/or analytics experience a plus.
- Ability to lift upwards of 50 lbs.
$35 per game tracked.
To apply, please send a resume to Catherine Roth Heddinger at firstname.lastname@example.org