What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Coding Sensei (instructor) to join our team of dynamic, energetic, forward-thinking minds, working toward our common goal: providing a fun and safe learning environment for children. Flexible after school and weekend hours available, along with summer daytime hours, perfect for college students!
· Learn the Code Ninjas’ game curriculum and STEM activities
· Work with children to determine skill sets
· Coach children (aka Ninjas) as they progress through the curriculum from white to black belt
· Create a positive, fun, and safe environment in which students can row
· Provide feedback to parents after working with a student who is on tour
· Assist with day camps, summer camps, birthday parties, and special events
· Develop/modify STEM activities to support curriculum, camps, and events
· Follow opening/closing duties daily
· Report daily to the Center Director with respect to the day’s activities, efficiency, and productivity in the dojo
· Experience working with children ages 7 and up (babysitting, mentoring, coaching, tutoring etc.)
· Knowledgeable about computer programming and technology
· Enjoy working in a fast-paced environments where requirements can change frequently
· Upbeat and fun individual with a passion for technology and learning