Code Ninjas in Westfield, NJ is looking for coding tutor for kids (Code Sensei) to join our 15 person strong team. Our ideal candidate is self-driven, ambitious, and reliable.
Part Time Up to 25 hours/week | Mon-Fri 2-7pm, Sat 9am-2pm (flexible schedule available)
Who are we?
Code Ninjas is the nation’s fastest growing kids coding franchise. In our center, kids ages 7-14 learn to code in a fun, non-intimidating way – by playing and building video games they love.
What are we looking for?
Code Senseis/Instructors are the lifeblood of our Code Ninjas center. We are looking for individuals who create a positive, exciting environment where kids can have fun while learning! Knowledge of Computer Science and Programing languages is a must!
We are currently looking for college students who can teach both virtually and in our Westfield Center. If you enjoy working with kids, robotics, coding and playing video games, this is the job for you!
Code Sensei Job responsibilities:
- Working with Ninjas in the Dojo or virtually, helping them work through the curriculum.
- Our motto is TEACH, NOT DO. Help ninjas work through problems themselves rather than fixing it for them.
- Conduct STEM activities that are not only fun, but educational.
- Be a model to our ninjas by adhering to all Dojo rules and procedures.
- Must have a positive, upbeat personality!
- Provide a fun, safe environment in our Dojo and Virtual Dojo
- Participate and/or Lead events held at the center or outside as part of Marketing efforts to promote the center and brand.
- Conduct/Assist with camps and other events held.
- Review work completed by Ninjas, Grade them and update notes on all students.
- Attend weekly meeting to discuss ninja progress and address any concerns.
- Help a potential ninja during tours and provide positive encouragement and motivation!
- Clean and care for equipment in Dojo – Follow the cleaning and maintenance checklist.
- Conduct yourself in a professional, respectful manner!
We’ve put together a list of qualities that we seek in our Code Sensei:
- Must be able to work in-center and virtually
- We will train you in our curriculum, but coding knowledge is required.
- Enthusiastic about working with kids, mentoring and teaching
- Reliable and punctual
- Patient, understanding
- Works well with others; collaborates
- Experienced in working with kids
- Curious and constantly trains to be better every day
- Takes pride in their work
- Upbeat and optimistic