Title: Digital Media and Communications Associate
Reports To: VP, Communications & Development
Location: 26 Bay Street, Staten Island, NY 10301 (with flexibility for some remote work)
Position Status: Part Time, 20 hours/ week
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Pay Rate: $21-24 per hour, commensurate with experience
Community Health Action of Staten Island (CHASI) drives dramatic improvements in the health of New Yorkers by feeding people who are hungry, healing families broken apart by violence, and bridging the gaps between people and the compassionate health care they deserve. CHASI serves the most vulnerable individuals, families, and communities with critical services and programs. CHASI provides outreach, education, prevention, and direct support services for populations most affected by health disparities – the poor and working poor, low-income people with chronic illnesses, persons with criminal justice involvement, substance users, domestic violence survivors, people of color, and the LGBTQ community.
The associate will carry out communication essentials, focused on supporting agency-wide campaigns and new projects in various implementation stages (inception, start up, growth), including creating copy and design in support of programs for CHASI. The associate will assist the VP, Communications & Development with agency work with a focus on digital communications and external relations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help carry out administrative operations for communications department, including help with project management for agency creative projects
- Help manage digital and social media projects, including tracking and reporting, proofreading, and content messaging
- Identify and carry out strategies and tactics that support internal communications between and amongst departments and sites, including website and intranet updates
- Help train and support CHASI staff members on social media optimization, use, and alignment
- Engage with coworkers, project leads, and employees across the agency to help identify successes, accomplishments, and opportunities for promoting agency programs across the communities we serve
- Participate in regular team meetings with communications and design staff with CHASI’s parent agency (Sun River Health) and occasionally support programs or design tasks for the parent organization
- Organize and carry out design projects according to agency style guidelines
- Perform all functions in alignment with CHASI’s mission, vision, and core values
The above is intended to describe the essential job functions, the general supplemental functions, and the essential requirements for the performance of the job it is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all the job functions.
- Experience with Adobe creative suite in general, and intermediate skill with at least one of the following: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop or combination (Please indicate in your cover letter or resume)
- Excellent writing skills and experience writing for a variety of audiences
- Deep and actionable understanding of social media best practices, trends, strategies, and opportunities
- Cultural competency and interest in health care equity, social justice, social media, and public health
- Strong interpersonal skills and ease in conversations over the phone and in person
- Strong computer skills, including fluency with MS applications and windows/ PC
- Experience with CRM/ donor databases (SQL) and web development/ integration (SharpSpring, Drupal, WordPress) preferred
- Conversant Spanish speaker and writer preferred but not required
- Experience designing within a corporate style guides or templates
Please Note: As a public health organization, Community Health Action of Staten Island is now requiring all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have a qualified medical or religious exemption; if selected for the role you must have at least one dose of the vaccine to begin employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer