Summary: Operates and maintains all equipment, guided by a general knowledge of building trades, carpentry, painting, minor electrical, plumbing, mechanical system repairs, plant maintenance and the use of tools and basic maintenance supplies.
• Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
• Responds to dispatch calls for machine repairs using company vehicle.
• Calls on existing customers to determine adequacy of service; listens to and resolves service complaints.
• Inspects and listens to machines to identify causes of malfunctions; dismantles machines to gain access to problem area.
• Performs a variety of duties in maintaining, repairing, operating and renovating plant and facilities.
• Inspects parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems; removes and replaces worn or defective parts; repairs broken parts; realigns and adjusts components; tests machine operation following repair.
• Reads blueprints and diagrams, determines materials needed, estimates time and material costs on installations and requests supplies to assure timely and adequate availability.
• Installs, tests and repairs electrical fixtures, power distribution circuits, utility equipment, internal communication and alarm systems and elements of heating and medical equipment.
• Diagnoses and corrects trouble on electrical installations; recommends emergency courses of action to keep vital electrical equipment operational.
• Recommends appropriate sources of electrical power for new installations or renovation projects.
• Works on power lines, including 120 to 480 volts and on transformers, switch gears, cubicles, etc.
• Performs corrective maintenance in accordance with the work order system.
• Installs/repairs high and low-voltage electrical equipment including transformers, panels, feeders, motors, switches, fire alarms, intercoms, computers and other equipment in a timely manner.
• Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job safely.
• Exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Valid current state/local electrical license.
• Two years of trade school or related experience.
• Two years of experience as an electrician in a similar-sized institution in an engineering or maintenance occupation.
• Working knowledge of local, state and the National Electric Code (NEC).