- We are now hiring for a MANAGER IN TRAINING – Retail Merchandise Manager position.
- Location: 255 Pinelawn Road, Melville, NY 11747. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time; Monday- Friday.
- Requirement: Bachelor’s Degree and driver’s license.
- Perk: A company car will be given for required travels to local Canteen Micro-market operations.
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
- Assist branches with Avenue C grand openings
- Ensure we are compliant with local and national account standards; review corporate compliance reporting
- Assist with store POG set-up
- Coordinate efforts to improve the customer retention and client experience at the point of sale
- Build retail pricing opportunities and encourage repeat sales (Best Practices)
- Drive compliance to merchandising standards
- Assess performance by location through audit reports (Quarterly District Evaluations)
- Other duties as assigned
It’s Safe to Work at Canteen! We know many of you who are new to working in a foodservice setting might be a little unsure about your safety. We understand. As Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies in 2020, keeping our Canteen Team and clients safe is very important to us!
How do we keep our Team safe? Canteen has Safety Teams that direct how we work together with extensive safety protocols, and we provide personal protective equipment and ongoing safety training. We believe that knowledge is power, and with this knowledge you will feel much better about working in one of our facilities or serving our customers during this pandemic.
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number 814350. Additionally, you can get in front of the hiring manager faster and share what makes you unique with a Prerecorded Video Interview! Click here to learn more!
The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our success – we invite you to start your journey with us today!
Canteen is a national vending machine operating company offering vending, office coffee service and dining services through a company and franchise network of over 200 locations in 48 states. Canteen’s track record of innovation began in 1929, when company founder Nathaniel Leverone built his business strategy around three timeless principles: integrity, customer focus and innovation.
MANAGER IN TRAINING
HOSPITALITY / FRONT OF HOUSE
As a Manager in Training, you will be assigned to a training location to complete the on-site, hands-on learning portion of your onboarding and training experience as you participate in Compass Group’s Accelerated Manager Program (AMP). Upon successful completion of AMP, relocation within your assigned region may be required to be considered for placement opportunities. Placement or promotional opportunity to a full-time employment position upon completion of AMP is based upon your performance and business need and is not guaranteed. As a Manager in Training with a focus in hospitality or front of house operations, you will take on managerial assignments in operational areas such as:
- Café Management
- Catering Management
- Retail Management
- Patient Services Management
- Dining Services Management
- Customer Service Management
ACCELERATED MANAGER PROGRAM
AMP is a unique combination of assessment, organizational training, and one-on-one coaching that surfaces and develops our future leaders. AMP provides new and aspiring managers with an impactful, fast-track learning opportunity focusing on management development. AMP uses a personalized approach that aims to customize learning for your unique strengths, skills, and interests. This program can be completed in 12 weeks or more, depending on your learning needs, your pace, and the goals of your particular business.
By participating in AMP, you will receive:
- Competency-based assessment to identify your leadership strengths and opportunities for development
- Custom-built, personalized learning path with experiential learning, micro-courses, and simulations
- AMPx – a 2½ day live event experience in Charlotte, NC with facilitated courses, senior leader panels, and professional networking
- One-on-one peer support and mentorship
- 360 evaluation of progress and development
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Ability to earn quarterly bonuses!
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)