The primary duty of this position is tactical department support providing analytical and administrative assistance for managers. This is a learning level position within the department and provides the opportunity to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
• Complete ad hoc analysis, market trends, marketing/communication opportunities and opportunity analysis
• Maintain accuracy and data integrity in databases
• Support communication and implementation of program updates adhering to processes and timelines
• Assist in budget forecasting and tracking of revenue against plan
• Assist in income collection by participating in monthly vendor AR calls and following up on outstanding supplier payments as directed by manager
• Actively participate in cross-functional teams in support of essential common tactical timelines and goals
• Utilize SAP to create purchase orders, maintain unit address information, update catalogs within vendor accounts, and research order history
• Monitor and update supplier contact information and ensure alignment with preferred vendors for complete adherence to compliance standards
• Resolve customer service queries and create and maintain updated resources in company systems
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 2+ years’ experience in supply chain, procurement, manufacturing and/or category development desired or other related experience
• Foodservice experience a plus
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proficient with technology and systems (SAP/APO preferred)
• High attention to detail and the exercise of sound judgment and decision-making
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong project management skills
• Ability to interact with a variety of stakeholders interpersonally
• Strong analytical and methodical thinking skills using both large and small data sets
• Work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment
• Solid PC and Microsoft office skills with proficiency in Excel and Word required
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and multitask in a cross-functional setting in fast paced environment required
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new processes, procedures, and systems required
• Customer service orientation
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group– which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.