Connect Plus Therapy
Connect Plus Therapy provides Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) to children and adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder and support to their families. CPT uses the science of behavior analysis to target the core deficits of Autism in order to teach skills that are functional for our client’s life to produce lasting, socially meaningful change. ABA is the technology through which we learn and enhance everyday skills needed to live a full and enriched life.
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Job Responsibilities
At Connect Plus Therapy the Behavior Technician provides one-on-one behavioral interventions to teach communication, social, daily living skills, reduces problematic behaviors in the home, community, and center settings. Services are provided to children in their home environments. Sessions are supervised by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA). The major duties include, but are not limited to…
- Establish & maintain a therapeutic relationship by pairing self as a reinforcing entity and building the value for the client of social interaction with the BT.
- Prompt safe and socially acceptable replacement behaviors in order to build a repertoire of communication, social interaction, and problem solving skills.
- Fade prompts appropriately to promote both successful and independent responding.
- Increase the frequency or duration of safe and appropriate replacement behaviors by providing access to reinforcers (desired items/actions, attention, or removal of demands/aversive situations).
- Accurately collect behavior data including: A-B-C, count, frequency, duration, latency, inter-response time, event, and interval based recording.
- Accurately collect data based on current programming.
- Follow the treatment plan goals and interventions utilizing sound judgment and seek out appropriate consultation.
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Qualifications
All candidates must…
- have a reliable car
- The be ability to teach daily living skills
- The ability to block, move, or lift a child up to 60 pounds
- Education – Pursuing a bachelors degree in human services is preferred.
- Experience – Atleast 1 year of working in Applied Behavior Analysis or a related field.
All positions are part-time in the area of Philadelphia, PA.
Connect Plus Therapy is an equal employment opportunity.
Free ABA graduate supervision hours available.
We are looking for candidates who are energetic, creative and a team player who is willing to get down on the floor and play while learning the latest approaches in treatment of Autism Spectrum Disorder!