Connecting the Pieces is seeking Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA) to work with students with special needs as part of the student’s IEP team. The BCBA will be responsible for developing the student’s IEP goals, analyzing data, reporting on student progress, consulting with and providing guidance to IEP team members including paraprofessionals; completing assessments including Functional Behavior Assessments and Positive Behavior Support Plans; and making data based decisions that ensure students make progress. Services are provided during traditional school day hours and would include a variety of students with different disabilities ranging from 3-21 in age.
Position type: Contract
About Connecting the Pieces:
Connecting the Pieces serves as one of Pennsylvania’s most respected educationally based behavior service providers. CTP works with top professionals in Behavioral Health and has built an impressive record of quality and support.
CTP specializes in providing treatment to learners who are diagnosed with, but not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Specific Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability, Down Syndrome, as well as learners with no diagnosis who require assistance.
Benefits of working as a BCBA Contractor for CTP:
· Flexibility in schedule creation within regular school hours (typically 8am-4pm) – select cases that fit your schedule availability
· Ability to set your own pay rate – you determine how much you make per hours
· Freedom to decide how much time you want to work each week – work as many cases (hours) or as few as you like (based on case availability)
· BCBA must be credentialed by and in good standing with the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
· A Master’s degree in: Special Education, Psychology, or related field, with specialized knowledge of behavioral health and treatment philosophies and professional practices.
· A minimum of three years of recent experience working with individuals who have autism spectrum disorders or developmental disability and their families.
· Knowledge of current methods and techniques of applied behavior analysis
· Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with clients, parents and professionals.
· Competence in analyzing assessment results, designing appropriate individual treatment plans and behavioral programs, and monitoring progress.
· Must be able to work effectively as a team member, demonstrate flexibility and desire to learn new skills, improve professional qualifications, and work independently.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong communication skills to work with a diverse team.
· Basic computer skills and be able to use all required software.
· Ability to problem solve and assist in decision making.
· Work productively to develop relationships with individuals, families and school personnel.
· Proven creative abilities strong organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent oral written and interpersonal skills and good customer service skills.
· Maintain a high level of organization for daily, weekly, and monthly record keeping.
· Assess the client’s treatment needs and write detailed goals and objectives for each client’s treatment plan so that progress may be tracked and measured.
· Develop & Implement IEP goals, PBSP, and SDI; for children with various learning differences/ disabilities.
· Create or preform a range of Behavioral Assessments including FBA, VB Mapp, ABLLS-R, AFLS.
Connecting the Pieces is an equal employment opportunity provider. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in relation to the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity, against victims of domestic violence, sexual offenses, or stalking, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.