Connecting the Pieces is seeking a Social Worker to provide services to students during traditional school hours who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Emotional Disturbance, Specific Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability, Other Health Impairment as well as learners with no diagnosis but require assistance.
About Connecting the Pieces:
Connecting the Pieces serves as one of Pennsylvania’s most respected, educationally based behavior service provider. CTP works with top professionals and has built an impressive record of quality and support.
Connecting the Pieces delivers interventions that improves the lives of learners with special education needs and their families while working collaboratively with the school team. We offer comprehensive services to students who present with challenging behaviors and educational need. CTP provides individual attention to each student we serve while bringing all those working with the student together to ensure a collaborative effort in helping the student reach their fullest potential.
Position type: Contractor
Benefits of working as Contractor for CTP:
· Flexibility in schedule creation within regular school hours (typically 8am-4pm) – select cases that fit your schedule availability
· Ability to set your own pay rate – you determine how much you make per hour
· Freedom to decide how much time you want to work each week – work as many cases (hours) or as few as you like (based on case availability)
· Work on goals as identified in the student’s Individualized Educational Program (IEP)
· Monitor student’s progress on IEP goals
· Participate in IEP Meetings
· Develop intervention strategies to increase academic success
· Assist with conflict resolution and anger management
· Help students develop appropriate social interaction skills
· Understand issues in a student’s living situation that affect the student’s adjustment in school
· Mobilize family, school, and community resources to enable the child to learn as effectively as possible in his or her educational program
· Work with families to facilitate support in their children’s school adjustment
· Assist in alleviating family stress to enable the child to function more effectively in school
· Assist parents in accessing and utilizing school and community resources
· Provide school staff with essential information to better understand factors (cultural, societal, economic, familial, health, etc.) affecting a student’s performance and behavior.
· Valid LCWS or PA State Licensed Social Worker or School Psychologist
· 1 to 2 Years’ Experience working with children who have special needs
· Available during typical school hours
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to build a rapport with student(s) and team members
· Well-organized and reliable
· PA State and FBI clearances
· Personal transportation preferred
Connecting the Pieces is an equal employment opportunity provider. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in relation to the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity, against victims of domestic violence, sexual offenses, or stalking, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.