Connecting the Pieces is seeking a Special Education Teacher to provide services to students during traditional school hours who are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Specific Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability, Down Syndrome, as well as learners with no diagnosis but require assistance.
Position type: Contract
About the position:
As a contractor with Connecting the Pieces you will be working with students in the home, school, or community. The assignments involve implementation of IEP goals, collecting data, implementing behavior plans, collaborating with professionals, and connecting with students. This may include direct work in; providing instructional and emotional supports to actively engage students.
About Connecting the Pieces:
Connecting the Pieces serves as one of Pennsylvania’s most respected, educationally based behavior service provider. CTP works with top professionals in Behavioral Health and has built an impressive record of quality and support.
CTP specializes in providing treatment to learners who are diagnosed with, but not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Specific Learning Disability, Intellectual Disability, Down Syndrome, as well as learners with no diagnosis who require assistance.
Benefits of working as a Paraprofessional Contractor for CTP:
· Flexibility in schedule creation within regular school hours (typically 8am-4pm) – select cases that fit your schedule availability
· Ability to set your own pay rate – you determine how much you make per hour
· Freedom to decide how much time you want to work each week – work as many cases (hours) or as few as you like (based on case availability)
Qualifications & Experience:
· Available during typical school hours
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Personal transportation required
· Valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certification in Special Education
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 1 to 2 Years’ Experience working with children who have special needs
· Relevant PA Clearances
· Well-organized and reliable
· Ability to build a therapeutic rapport with student(s) and team members
Responsibility & Duties
· Provide instruction and support in academic areas and/or social skills.
· Modify the general education curriculum/ lessons students based upon instructional techniques and technologies.
· Differentiate instruction to meet the individual needs of students.
· Monitor student’s IEP goals.
· Provide Specially Designed Instruction (SDI) as deemed necessary in the student’s IEP.
· Continually seek to motivate students for the learning task at hand.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
· Build a rapport with student(s) and team members
· Work collaboratively and communicate with members of the IEP team
Connecting the Pieces is an equal employment opportunity provider. We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity in relation to the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), national origin, citizenship or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity, against victims of domestic violence, sexual offenses, or stalking, or upon any other categories protected by federal, state, or local law.