The CRE Credit Analyst I position is responsible for assisting with the written analysis and underwriting of the credit worthiness of new loan proposals as well as existing loans, identifying policy exceptions and other credit issues in order to identify and protect the asset quality of the Bank’s commercial loans.
- Support the Bank’s “People First” focus and rules of engagement—maintaining a professional demeanor, working as an active member of the CNOB team, providing clients with excellent service, always striving to make CNOB “A Better Place to Be”.
- Assist with all aspects of preparing credit analyses for loan requests including financial statement analysis, collateral analysis, risk rating recommendations, trend analysis, and identifying the credit’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Assist with the preparation of a written recommendation as to whether the proposed loan should be approved as presented and may provide alternate loan structure recommendations as appropriate.
- Prepare financial statement spread sheets which include a measurement of various financial ratio trends.
- Assist the Loan Officers with the completion of annual loan reviews, as required.
- Assist in the mailing out of annual financial statement follow-up letters to borrowers and tracks and monitors the receipt by the Bank of this information.
- Attend Loan Committee and assists with the preparations of the minutes.
- Retrieve credit reports for individual borrowers and/or guarantors.
- Other basic credit responsibilities supporting the preparation and evaluation of credit proposals.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State banking regulations.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles and credit concepts.
- Basic knowledge of loan types and loan structures.
- Working knowledge of Google apps and products.
- A minimum of two years of banking experience.
- Good understanding of basic loan documentation and general banking principles.
- Excellent PC skills, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong “People First” interest and ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting preferred.
We are putting “People First”
Maintaining appropriate social distancing between workstations.
Requiring Masks to be worn in branches and when moving around our buildings.
Providing access to PPE and sanitization stations.
Leveraging technology and limiting in person meetings.
Providing our clients curbside banking and drive thru access.