Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
We Need Someone Who Speaks Computer
Computers have their own language. Which most of us don’t speak. But you do. And we need your fluency. Let’s face it. The modern world is shackled to computers so we need experts like yourself to keep us running. So come join our crew. You don’t have to call yourself The Computer Whisperer but we might.
ABOUT OUR TEAM
The Global Digital Design team at Converse creates strategic and distinct digital experiences to encourage our audience. We’re powered by the people and style of our communities. We’re energized by our innovation and purpose. And we’re constantly searching for the stories behind our products.
Our team is made up of four different functions that work together: Creative Operations, Digital Content, Digital Design and Digital Copy. Together, we strive to build content that exemplifies our Brand Mission, Values, and Purpose (aka, our MVP).
We develop content and storytelling that supports the wholesale business, and digital direct commerce ecosystem. We’re talking everything from our partner sites, to our very own Converse.com, email campaigns, paid social, and much more.
As a team, we move our business goals forward through compelling brand stories, seasonal commercial stories and custom “Converse By You” content across our digital channels—all over the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a creative, bold, and digitally savvy Senior Copywriter to join our team (based at Converse WHQ in Boston). This role is ideal for a strong but humble leader with concepting skills, digital copy expertise, and the ability to present and sell-in ideas to senior leadership. We’re seeking someone with an entrepreneurial approach, a collaborative and can-do attitude, and a desire to write the playbook as we go.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Check out converse.com. See all of that copy? You will play a part in bringing those stories to life.
On any given day, your role will include working with designers and content strategists to help tell exciting stories across the digital ecosystem—with a focus on our Global site on converse.com, and performance marketing (email, paid social, banners). You will be writing everything from subject lines and CTAs, to creating unique seasonal content and engaging headlines on home pages and landing pages. The work will be challenging, never boring, and we expect you’ll be an integral part of the creative team bringing new digital experiences and solutions to the Converse brand.
Your responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with a Design Director, Senior Designers, Copywriting team & Operations team, develops and drives innovative solutions for digital storytelling across converse.com and all digital touchpoints
- Partners with digital designers, to tell stories for converse.com and email
- Fosters and maximizes relationships in product, merchandising, marketing and digital wholesale team to gather information
- Actively gain knowledge of Converse’s products and processes, trends, the consumer and overall marketplace culture
- Works closely and cross-functionally with Site Experience, Brand and Geography teams to concept and execute seasonal global marketing campaigns for Converse.com
- Works collaboratively with Project Mangers, Producers, fellow Writers/Editors and Visual Designers
- Utilizes outstanding writing skills and demonstrates innovation in creating original solutions
- Communicates and presents concepts; builds presentation materials that effectively communicate most important message
- Be able to brief and collaborate with outside partners to execute campaigns and deliver assets
- Shares knowledge, experience and skill with coworkers; works with design counterparts to ensure continuity across digital touchpoints
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
In addition to joining a team of copywriters and editors, you will be collaborating daily with the other functions on our Global Digital Design team (Creative Operations and Digital Design). You’ll also spend time with the Experience Strategy, Brand, and our UX teams.
What you will bring:
Portfolio (link or samples) will be requested during interview process
- Passion for the Converse Brand and passion for creating high-quality work
- Ability to present creative work to cross-functional partners and senior leadership teams
- Ability to be a self-starter and initiate projects to help form the vision of what it means to tell a story across the digital ecosystem
- Collaborative attitude and passion for brainstorming creative solutions with visual designers
- Creative skill set able to translate complex technical and business concepts and articulate into easy-to-understand communication pieces
- Extensive experience in writing in the digital and ecommerce space
- Helps mentor writers, across multiple projects with a clear voice and an unbending creative rigor
- Ability to craft and develop digital content and storytelling with our Gen-Z consumer in mind
- Great teammate with a positive, hard-working attitude, able to encourage and challenge team members.
- Bachelor of Arts in Writing, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- 6+ years of writing experience in a corporate or agency environment required, preferably as a copywriter for a major brand, e-commerce company or digital design agency
- Experienced command of the English language (including spelling, grammar, punctuation)
- Strong knowledge of digital commerce, SEO writing, writing for different and multiple target audiences, and social media platforms
- Experience writing compelling and creative email, editorial and other online marketing material
- A self-starter, comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, organized, detail oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Able to handle multiple and challenging work priorities, demands and changes
- Knowledge of footwear and/or apparel design construction and terminology
- Connection to streetwear culture and trends
- Experience outside of North America a plus
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.