Become part of the Converse Team
Converse is a place to explore potential, break barriers and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Converse, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving world to make things better as a team.
Converse designs the future. At Converse, designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human creativity. The Design Teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphics designers. Converse designers look to the future, courageously pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the consumer’s experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
The Global Digital Design team at Converse creates strategic and distinct digital experiences to inspire our audience. We’re powered by the people and style of our communities. We’re energized by our innovation and purpose. And we’re constantly searching for the stories behind our products.
Our team is made up of four different functions that work together: Creative Operations, Digital Content, Digital Design and Digital Copy. Together, we strive to create content that exemplifies our Brand Mission, Values, and Purpose (aka, our MVP).
We develop content and storytelling that supports the wholesale business, and digital direct commerce ecosystem. We’re talking everything from our partner sites, to our very own Converse.com, email campaigns, paid social, and much more.
As a team, we move our goals forward through compelling brand stories, seasonal commercial stories and custom “Converse By You” content across our digital channels—all over the world.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We’re seeking a Senior Designer for the Global Digital Design team at Converse (based at Converse WHQ in Boston). Your role on the team will include ensuring that the Converse brand and storytelling comes to life in a compelling and outstanding way to our consumer across our digital ecosystem. This role has a focus on converse.com and also includes, but is not limited to, performance marketing.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
Check out converse.com and our social channels. You and your team play a role and are responsible for bringing all converse digital experiences to life. You’ll lead and direct multiple agency relationships, and/or mentor junior designers, across multiple projects with a clear design voice and an unbending creative rigor. You’ll socialize and present creative work to cross-functional partners and senior leadership teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develops and drives innovative solutions for digital storytelling across converse.com and all digital touchpoints
- Works closely and cross-functionally with Site Experience, UX, Brand Creative, Brand Communications & Media, and Geography teams to concept and execute global marketing campaigns for Converse.com
- A mentor to junior designers; works collaboratively with Operations, Producers and Copywriters
- Utilizes outstanding design skills and demonstrates innovation in creating original solutions
- Communicates and presents design concepts; builds presentation materials that successfully communicate design concepts
- Be able to brief and collaborate with outside partners to execute campaigns and deliver assets
- Demonstrates expert-level knowledge of current trends, technology, design systems and other design influences
- Shares knowledge, experience and skill with other design staff; works with design counterparts to ensure continuity across digital touchpoints
- Lead projects, establish direction and provide creative support to junior designers
- You will be responsible for ensuring alignment from a converse.com perspective across North America and Western Europe Geographies
- Operational excellence always: ensure the team delivers high quality work, on time and on budget 100% of the time
- Becomes an expert on the function and capabilities of our platforms
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be collaborating with the functions on our Global Digital Design team (Creative Operations, Digital Copywriting and Digital Design). You’ll also spend a lot of time with the Experience Strategy, Brand, UX, Geography Digital teams and Product Teams.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Passion for the Converse Brand and passion for crafting high-quality work with attention to detail
- Someone who is driven, strategic, thinks critically, is accountable, insightful, inventive, takes initiative and has great interpersonal skills
- A leader and role model with a positive and empowering behavior, a hard-working attitude with an able to encourage, challenge and work seamlessly with other team members
- Experience in digital design; digital design systems, e-commerce and performance marketing (email, paid social & other media)
- Ability to socialize and present creative work in a compelling and persuasive way to cross-functional partners and senior leadership
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or design-related equivalent
- 6+ years’ experience in digital design for large retail e-commerce or key digital agency experience specific to the streetwear footwear/apparel industry.
- Excellent Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Solid knowledge of digital commerce, user-experience, and social media platforms
- Deep connection to streetwear culture and trends
- Excellent writing and communications experience preferred
- Management experience
- Animation, video editing, photo retouching
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
Converse is more than a company; it’s a worldwide advocate for self-expression. This belief motivates our employees, permeates our working environment and inspires our products. No two of us look or think exactly alike. We are each one-of-a-kind. Individually and as a culture, we have the freedom to create and grow professionally. Generous benefits packages only sweeten the experience. From Boston to Shanghai, from Brand Design to Finance, Converse is a brand that celebrates the unique and creative people of the world. Together, we’re different.