Our internship is meant to provide you an opportunity to work with a small but mighty team of diverse professionals aiming to make a difference in the world of book publicity and marketing.
- As an intern, you will become a part of the Coriolis Crew for the duration of your internship and learn valuable skills that are also transferrable to other companies in the publishing, publicity, and marketing industries.
- You will receive training in a variety of skills, such as supporting authors and publishers, drafting press materials, building media lists, pitching media, booking media opportunities, researching current news trends, planning advertising campaigns, producing ad creatives, conducting case studies, assisting in the creation and deployment of social media activity and more.
- This is a part-time, unpaid internship with a focus on your education.
- The location is virtual
Duration and Schedule:
- This internship is for an academic term (a semester, quarter, or an academic break) and does not come with a guarantee of a job at the conclusion of the internship period.
- The internship will be scheduled around your academic work.
- The average internship will be 10 hours/week, 120 hours total.
- This internship is meant to provide you an opportunity to work with a small but mighty team of diverse professionals aiming to make a difference in the world of book publicity and marketing.
- This internship will allow you to observe a broad range of functions within the organization as you work under the close supervision of regular Coriolis Crew members.
- This is an educational internship with the opportunity to perform real-world tasks and learn professional skills. You will receive a detailed description of the internship upon start, a plan, goals, and more.
- You will receive college credit for the internship.
- You will receive references/recommendations.
The ideal intern:
- Has a strong desire to learn more about literary publicity, author branding, and book marketing
- Is working towards a degree in communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, English, creative writing, or a related field
- Is dedicated to making a difference in the field of publishing, literary publicity, and marketing
- Has strong writing and communication skills
- Pays attention to detail, is highly organized, has the ability to multitask and manage their time effectively
- Is responsible and reliable
- Has experience with using the Microsoft Suite, various social media platforms, and some office/admin work
- Acknowledges, accepts, and respects the identity and personal freedoms of all and works well with people of all backgrounds
- Registering your internship with your college’s intern office. Coordinating with Coriolis about your college’s requirements for receiving credit for your internship
- Attending weekly team meetings and brainstorm strategy sessions
- Performing duties as assigned by supervisors and peers as appropriate (to be determined based on your learning objectives)
If the above sounds good, please visit our website to fill out the form and apply.