The Council on American-Islamic Relations, NY (CAIR-NY) is a non-profit organization whose vision is to be a leading advocate for justice and mutual understanding. We serve Muslim New Yorkers through legal advocacy, education, media relations, civic engagement, and grassroots mobilization. CAIR-NY protects New Yorkers who have experienced discrimination, harassment, hate crimes, as well as combatting Islamophobia and systemic discrimination in all its forms. CAIR is the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights organization. The New York chapter is one of the busiest and most dynamic of CAIR’s more than thirty nationwide affiliates
CAIR-NY is looking for student applications for Development Interns. The Development intern will be an ambassador for CAIR-NY’s vision and provide clerical and outreach support of our Development Department. The intern will be performing a variety of high-level tasks related to membership, marketing materials and strategies, events management, foundation relations, grant writing and data management. The position provides key strategic communications, project management, data management, and research functions as a part of the development team.
Applications are accepted year-round for CAIR–NY’s Development Internship program
- Current enrollment in (or recent graduation from) an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Have a deep commitment of CAIR-NY’s vision of Justice and Mutual Understanding.
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, and phone skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Documented interest in civil rights work and issues affecting the American Muslim community.
- Preference given to students who have taken relevant coursework and/or previously worked in development, marketing, communication arts or other relative fields.
- Prior grant-writing experience and/or proficiency with donor databases is a plus.
To apply, please email a copy of your cover letter, CV, transcript, and writing sample to Hanine Mohamed a hMohamed@cair.com with a subject: “Development Intern”