Reporting to the Production Manager, the Audio Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of audio operations for the event from start to finish. The ability to work as part of a team is critical for this position.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Provide world-class audio reinforcement for live events.
- Performs the load-in & load out of band equipment and rental equipment when necessary
- Set up and break down all audio equipment necessary for the event production
- Cabling and patching of microphones, DIs, and assisting with backline set-up if needed
- Providing a professional mix to patrons in attendance as FOH Engineer or the artist on stage as Monitor Engineer if needed on any given production
- Knowledge and proficiency in various analog/digital mixing consoles in order to mix effectively
- Work with visiting audio staff in a house system-tech capacity when needed
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of audio equipment throughout the venue, including preventative maintenance and proper system protection
- If necessary, assist the Production Manager with technical advance specific to audio
- Interact with visiting production crew to ensure a successful show by using strong interpersonal skills
- Oversee and operate systems pertaining to audio throughout the entire venue
- Ensure Special Events audio needs are implemented and executed with the utmost professional attitude
- Works with Production Manager to help maintain a relationship with local & national audio vendors
- Assist touring crew with providing house stands, microphones, cables, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years audio experience, having mixed in either a FOH or monitor engineer role
- Experience in operating, maintaining and repairing professional audio systems
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- High School diploma / Preferred college degree
- Strong technical/computer skills (Microsoft, Apple, A/V software)
- Basic to advanced understanding of production, electricity and power management
- Highly skilled in audio systems management including expertise in various processing/system management software
- Proficiency in radio frequency analysis and management
- Must be able to lift 75lbs
- Work in an environment with moderate to loud noise level
- Must be extremely flexible to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays
Applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and list of references to: Ann Marie Keenan, Human Resources Director, at akeenan@thebasie