Under the direction of the Creative Director, the Junior Graphic Designer will create collateral and other marketing materials consistent with the organization’s branding and media needs. This is a full-time exempt position in the Count Basie Center Department of Marketing. This position is eligible for the Basie’s competitive benefits package that includes paid time off (personal, sick and vacation), insurance (health, dental, vision, life, long and short-term disability) and a 401(k)-retirement plan.
- Follow the guidance of the Creative Director / lead designer in preparation of ad materials, most often in print and digital formats
- Create media to promote live events and arts education programs, including but not limited to a quarterly playbill, direct mail, newspaper and magazine ads, etc.
- Assist the marketing department in all aspects of customer-facing presentations, from TheBASIE.org to posters, digital displays and more
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university required
- Two or more years of experience in the graphic design field preferred
- A portfolio that demonstrates a fluency with print and digital design
- Expertise in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (esp. InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop), plus MS Office suite programs
- Knowledge of preparing art for print and electronic media
- Experience with photography and videography a plus
- Experience in WordPress and HTML a plus
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An appreciation for the arts, arts education and institutional / educational presentation
- Team player that is self-motivated, persistent, and proactive in driving results but can be creative and flexible in overcoming obstacles
- Understanding of printing processes, photography and typography preferred
- Experience in educational / institutional marketing and design a plus.
This job is currently remote, with an expectation that the hire will come onsite for occasional socially-distant meetings. Applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, portfolio or portfolio link, salary requirements and list of references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We regret that we can only contact those candidates whose skill set best matches our needs.