Reporting to the Production Manager, the Lighting Designer will be responsible for all aspects of lighting/video operations for the event from start to finish. The ability to work as part of a team is critical for this position.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Performs the load-in and load-out of band and rental equipment
- Set up and break-down of band and event equipment
- Focus and lighting adjustments to artist or event specifications
- Lighting Control Boards operation & programming
- Maintenance and repair of lighting equipment
- Assist with Production throughout the house as needed
- Accommodate artist/ event A/V requirements
- Responsible for safe and consistent operation of lighting
- If necessary, assist Production Manager with the technical advance specific to lighting
- Ensure proper care and handling of all in house and rental lighting & A/V equipment
- Interact with visiting production crews to ensure a successful show
- Distribute or create lighting plot plans
- Oversee and operate systems pertaining to lighting throughout the entire event
- Ensure special events lighting needs are scheduled and met
- Operate, maintain and set up video/projection systems
- Assist audio crew with stands, microphones, cables, etc.
- Assist with any Special Events operations
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years Production experience.
- Experience in stage lighting, pro audio systems and basic video systems.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications
- Must possess superior interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- High School diploma / Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs
- Work in an environment with moderate to loud noise level and extreme lighting changes strobes & moving lights
- Must be extremely flexible to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays
Applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and list of references to: Ann Marie Keenan, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.