Reporting to the Facilities Director, the Maintenance Assistant will support the facilities department in maintaining the Basie’s multiple locations. Our ideal candidate must be hard-working, self-motivated, punctual, and exercise good judgment.
- Perform routine building maintenance duties, including light carpentry, painting, and plumbing
- Inspect all campus spaces daily to identify any problems or improvements needed
- Perform the setup and break down of events
- Comply with all safety and health regulations
- Respond to employee requests for maintenance services
- Assist facilities staff in general maintenance and cleanup of multiple locations
- Ensure the sidewalks are free from litter and debris
- Other duties as assigned
- General building knowledge with experience in carpentry, painting, and plumbing
- Skilled in the use of common hand and power tools
- Ability to communicate well with property management and maintenance staff
- Willingness to uphold company standards for safety and efficiency
- Ability to stand or walk for extended periods of time; ability to bend, kneel, stoop, climb ladders and lift 50 lbs.
- Must be available to work occasional weekends
- Willing to work occasional weekends and nights
This is a part-time, non-exempt position.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.