Reporting to the Production Manager, the Production Assistant will support the Production Manager in all aspects of event production and technical operations for the event from start to finish. The ability to work as part of a team is critical for this position.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Works directly with the Production Manager to execute specific show requirements.
- Ensure that artists and touring production crews have required items needed to perform, specific to production.
- Assists in setup of backline, audio, lighting, and video gear, set pieces, and any additional production element relevant to live event production.
- Communicate with the security department to ensure the safety and security of the venue and its patrons.
- Help to ensure shows run smoothly and on time, and ensure a safe working environment for all crew and touring personnel.
- Anticipate the needs of touring and house Production teams.
- Assist with all aspects of production from load-in to load-out.
- Make quick drives to buy or deliver items for touring and house production as needed.
- Help shop, set up, and maintain artist Hospitality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma with equivalent related work experience or Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior experience in live event production.
- Above-average time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work with a team through challenging situations & long days.
- Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel).
- Strong organizational skills/attention to detail/problem-solving skills.
- Must work well under pressure and be even-tempered.
- Must be available to work weekdays.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to lift 75lbs.
- Work in an environment with moderate to loud noise levels.
Applicants should forward a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and list of references to: Ann Marie Keenan, Human Resources Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.