All interested Applicants, please apply via the CCM job-site at: https://jobs.ccm.edu/postings/464
Assist the Head Coach in all aspects of coaching and organizing the respective team, including pre-season training, supervision, evaluation, and preparation for practices, competition, and post-season play.
a. Identify potential student-athletes by attending showcases and high school games.
b. Bring potential student-athletes on campus, provide tours and meet with Head Coach and team student leader.
c. Along with Head Coach, interact with Admissions and Financial Aid Offices to better direct potential student-athletes in processes.
d. Represent program and department by attending CCM Open Houses, coaches’ meetings, and department functions as assigned by Athletic Director.
2. Take role in student-athlete academic success in working with Academic Advisor, cover study halls, monitor class attendance, and follow up on progress reports.
3. Recruit and organize team managers to collect and track all sports statistics, including the uploading of game stats in a timely manner according to Conference, Region, and NJCAA bylaws.
4. Assist in organization of media day.
5. Help maintain, keep track, and return of all supplies, equipment, and uniforms.
6. Must be prepared to participate in weekends and occasional overnight games and possible National Tournaments.
7. Serve as one of the college’s Campus Security Authorities, responsible for reporting to Public Safety any activities that may be considered criminal incidences.
8. Other duties as specified by Athletic Director.
Qualifications – Skills: Thorough understanding of modern coaching methods, designing game plans, and assigning student athletes to appropriate positions.
Able to demonstrate effective recruitment techniques and assess talent of players being recruited.
Defensive driving course and 15-passenger van safety course required upon acceptance of position. Must be able to operate a 15-passenger van for away contests and in some cases home contests off-site.
DMV and criminal history background check required. Must be in good standing according to the Morris County Risk Management Department.
Must have a flexible schedule to be present at all practices, home and away games.
Qualifications – Experience: Experience with competitive playing or coaching experience, college-level preferred. Prefer possession of coaching experience at the high school level or above.
Qualifications – Education: High school diploma required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Work Hours: Season runs from February 1st – May 15th Non-traditional season runs from September 1st through October 15th.