The Human Resources Assistant, HRIS & Temporary Staffing Liaison is primarily responsible for creating, updating and maintaining accurate HR/Payroll records (on-line and hard copy records). Prepares and processes salary information as it pertains to hires, transfers and changes in pay or status. Manages temporary staffing needs throughout the campus. Prepares reports and deals with confidential material. Functions within a minimum level of direction except for situations which deviate from established precedent.
Specific Responsibilities include:
- Accurate and timely data entry of employee information into the HRIS
- Maintains on-line time accounting for all full time employees
- Manages temporary staffing needs in accordance to prescribed guidelines
- Accurately prepares personnel recommendations and related financial information for placement to the Board of Trustees agenda
- Reports data to various outside entities and prepares data requests as received by the department
- Maintains department’s procedures directory
- Handles special projects and other duties as assigned in various areas of HR including training, compensation, benefits and employee relations
- Able to work under strict deadlines
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft software applications including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Good written skills
- Team oriented
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
Minimum 3 years experience working in Human Resources or related area. Experience working with an HRIS strongly preferred. Additional education may be substituted for experience requirements.
Associates Degree required.