LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp’s cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp’s 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Global Internship Program as a Pathology Study Technician in Madison, WI!
We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
- In this lab-based role you you’ll collect, document and manage data that includes animal observations, test material administration and clinical samples and will work with animal samples and tissues daily.
What to Expect:
To collect, document, and manage pertinent data including clinical sample collection and basic necropsy and histology post-life procedures in compliance with appropriate SOP, Protocol, and Regulatory Agency guidelines. Must learn and know applicable anatomic terms.
- Prepares tissues/ samples for inventory and archiving
- Performing multiple tissue freezing techniques and measuring of tissues
- Performing histological trimming, bagging of tissues, and embedding
- Perform basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory guidelines
- Monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Health and Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance.
Internship Assignment Summary:
What to Expect:
- Establish an understanding of basic lab practices and SOPs in a multidisciplinary lab environment
- Attend training sessions to learn additional skills
- Familiarize yourself with business development platforms to analyze and visualize data into valuable insights for more informed decision making
- Engage in professional development workshops to enhance your business acumen and professional presence
- Working towards degree in Biology, Chemistry, Animal Science, or related life science
- Strong communication, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team setting
- Strong ability to integrate, analyze, and interpret results