LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp’s cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp’s 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
Global Internship Program:
Exciting Opportunity to be part of the LabCorp/Covance 2021 Global Internship Program as a Vet Services Technician in Greenfield, IN!
We offer real work assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Healthcare disciplines, are challenging and recognized to the organization as valuable. In addition, we encourage professional development and career exploration through program workshops, each designed to help students prepare for a thriving career in our industry.
In addition to departmental and professional development work, our interns have the opportunity:
- To showcase their work to senior management, their supervisor and mentors
- Participate in a group philanthropic project as part of our dedication to the community
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering scientific work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
- Veterinary Services
- Participating in the vet tech internship not only gives you the chance to explore and learn about the research industry and the numerous career opportunities it can offer, but also provides an opportunity to be an active member in current Covance studies. As an intern, you will handle a variety of animals, both small and large, learning appropriate handling techniques, blood draw techniques, intubation practice, catheter placements, anesthesia and more. Be ready for a fast pace environment of prepping for surgeries, performing treatments, physical exams, and other various technical procedures. The opportunity to learn about new and unique surgeries is present every day from a team that welcomes and is excited to teach. The program also involves an independent project that will not only excite you but challenge you to think in new ways. The Covance vet tech internship is a welcoming hands-on learning environment, combining a clinical and corporate atmosphere that allows you to utilize your current skill set, while further enhancing your personal growth and development both technically and professionally.
What to Expect:
Perform basic veterinary laboratory procedures including but not limited to the following duties and responsibilities in compliance with appropriate SOP, Protocol and Regulatory Agency guidelines.
- Reports all animal care concerns and becomes involved in resolution and appropriate corrective action, when necessary
- Ensures that studies are conducted according to protocol, standard operating procedure documents, and government regulations
- Can interpret and understand a basic protocol
- Basic understanding of good research practice (GRP) principles
- Effectively manages time and resources, e.g., equipment, rooms, feed, environmental requirements, study supplies, surgical supplies
- Performs basic dosing and bleeding techniques and restraint procedures on multiple species
- Performs anesthesia on multiple species
- Performs aseptic surgical preparation
- Performs general physical exams, laboratory testing and dental cleanings on multiple species
- Perform internship project and present summary of project to veterinary team. Project details will be determined at beginning of internship and may be based on specific group needs and individual areas of interests.
- Completed or currently participating in a Veterinary Technical or Animal Science program.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific program or education.
- Must be able to work in a laboratory setting with laboratory animals