Exciting Opportunity to join the Covance Immunology and Immunotoxicology team in Madison, WI !
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp’s cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp’s 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
About the Team:
The Global Immunology and Immunotoxicology (I&I) department, provides support to Clinical, Safety Assessment (SA), and standalone studies over a wide range of Immunology and Immunotoxicology platforms, supporting enhanced solutions based approach to Clients requests. I&I focuses on running a variety of studies to determine if a test article in question could affect the immune system. To do this, they test using several methods including Flow Cytometry, Enzyme Immunoassays and an array of specific cell based assays (i.e. Natural Killer Cell assay) across a multitude of instrument platforms.
What to Expect:
- Organizes and conducts routine and non-routine processing in compliance with applicable methods, protocols, SOPs, and regulatory agency guidelines.
- Documents work and maintains study documentation and laboratory records.
- Sets up, operates and performs routine and non-routine maintenance on general equipment.
- Provides input and participates in project meetings, plans, monitors and guides project work.
- Performs QC review of data.
- Informs Study Director, Principal Investigator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data and participates in corrective action of problems.
- Contributes towards a cohesive team environment.
- Learns to assist in setting up and performing method development and validation of various Immunotoxicology assays.
- Maintains a clean and safe laboratory work environment.
- Participates in process improvement initiatives.
- Participates in client visits as needed.
- Evaluates data for report preparation and experiment modification as directed.
- Plans individual workload in coordination with team members.
- Assists in writing text for reports, methods or protocols.
- Bachelor of Science/Arts (BS/BA) degree or related field.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
Applicants for this role must be a current student with intentions to graduate December 2020 or May 2021.