Exciting Opportunity to join Covance as a Dose Formulations Study Technician in Madison, WI , or Greenfield, IN!
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp’s cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp’s 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
About the Team:
- Dose Formulations
- In this chemistry-focused role you will be working with pharmaceutical products in a lab, you’ll prepare vehicles, diets, solutions and capsules with test material according to study protocols and SOPs.
As a Study Technician in Dose Formulations you will learn how to review and interpret study protocol for test material formulation procedures and to ensure that study tasks are conducted according with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs.
What to Expect:
- Learns to prepare laboratory reagents, vehicles, diets, solution/suspensions, and capsules according to study protocols and SOPs.
- Learns the process of formulation verification and storage of prepared test materials.
- Learns procedures for safe handling of test materials.
- Learns how to perform study calculations and specific techniques for test material formulation.
- Learns how to review and interpret study protocol for test material formulation procedures and to ensure that a study tasks are conducted according with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs.
- Learns to collect, record, and review applicable hand and computer generated data in accordance with protocol, SOPs, and GLPs.
- Learns to recognize deviations from normal results and informs Study Director, Principal Investigator, Formulations Coordinator and/or management of any problems and/or deviations that may affect the integrity of the data.
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences, or related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education.
Applicants for this role must be a current student with intentions to graduate December 2020-May 2021.