Exciting Opportunity to join Covance as a Pathology Study Technician in Madison, WI , Greenfield, IN , or Somerset, NJ!
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives. Combining world-class diagnostic solutions with its drug development business, Covance, LabCorp’s cutting-edge technologies, unparalleled data, and growing menu of standard and highly-specialized tests not only inform and empower patients and providers but help medical, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies transform ideas into innovations. LabCorp’s 65,000+ employees are pursuing critical advances in science and changing the delivery of healthcare while advancing essential vaccines, cancer-fighting breakthroughs, and life-changing treatments for rare diseases.
Advancing healthcare from the laboratory through the clinic requires many different strengths, experiences and perspectives of our exceptional people around the world. Explore our wide range of diverse opportunities and rewarding career pathways and see how you can work with an energizing purpose to discover your extraordinary potential.
About the Team:
- In this lab-based role you you’ll collect, document and manage data that includes animal observations, test material administration and clinical samples and will work with animal samples and tissues daily.
What to Expect:
To collect, document, and manage pertinent data including clinical sample collection and basic necropsy and histology post-life procedures in compliance with appropriate SOP, Protocol, and Regulatory Agency guidelines. Must learn and know applicable anatomic terms.
- Prepares tissues/ samples for inventory and archiving
- Performing multiple tissue freezing techniques and measuring of tissues
- Performing histological trimming, bagging of tissues, and embedding
- Perform basic necropsy or histology tasks on a variety of laboratory animals in compliance with the appropriate SOPs, GLPs, and regulatory guidelines
- Monitor animal health and welfare in compliance with the Animal Health and Welfare Act and help maintain facilities for AAALAC compliance.
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences, Associate degree in Laboratory Animal Technology or Associate degree in Veterinary Technology.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education.
- AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level is preferred, but not required.
Applicants for this role must be a current student with intentions to graduate December 2020 or May 2021.