The ECDP is a three-year program in which participants will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience and receive wide exposure to Covanta’s different business functions through a coordinated rotation among a variety of assignments, both within and outside their primary department. As part of the Program, you may be required to travel and / or relocate to different Covanta facilities and locations.
Candidates for the ECDP are required to have a Bachelor’s degree. Ideal candidates will be new or recent grads, with up to 1 year of relevant experience. For a list of additional qualifications, please refer to the Position Requirements section below.
If you are interested in being considered for multiple ECDP positions, you should apply to each requisition separately and include a cover letter describing how the ECDP program fits with your career goals.
The anticipated start date for the ECDP candidate is July 2021. Selected candidates must meet all minimum requirements at least 3 weeks prior to the start date and join on or before the Orientation Week (currently planned for mid-July 2021).
The ECDP hire for the Human Resources team will perform a variety of functions within different departments including HR Business Partners, Talent Management/Talent Acquisition, and Total Rewards.
Assignment will depend upon the candidate’s areas of interest and capability, as well as business need. Responsibilities for rotational positions within each of the departments within Human Resources include but are not limited to:
HR Business Partners
- Assist with full business partner support for the assigned team ranging from recruitment, talent management, performance management, employee relations, reporting, etc.
- Gain proficiency in practical application of HR through participation in projects, assessments, exposure and team collaboration
- Follow the established processes, policies, standards and procedures to assure compliance with company and regulatory policies and standards
- Participate in HR process standardization to improve HR efficiency and effectiveness
Talent Management & Talent Acquisition
- Partners with business leaders on adoption and support of new and existing talent management programs (i.e. Mentoring, Succession Planning, Top Talent, Early Career, etc.)
- Assist talent acquisition team in the recruitment process, including but not limited to; planning and scheduling interviews, managing metrics and scorecard processes, and supporting end to end recruitment process
- Provide support to Total Rewards leadership team on annual cycle processes and special projects
- Research and analyze information regarding compensation and benefits programs
- Participate in activities such as benchmarking, market studies, reviewing salary structures, and maintaining updates
- Assist in identifying and providing resolution to issues and concerns
The rotations/ assignments outside of HR could be with the Business Management, Environmental Solutions, Marketing, Corporate Communications, PR or M&A business units.
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in Business, Industrial or Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Management, Industrial Labor Relations or other relevant degree.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- 0-1 years of relevant work experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interested in human resources and have a strong customer service background
- Willingness to take initiative, roll up one’s sleeves, get the work done, and celebrate wins and lessons learned
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven data and analytics skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Willing and able to travel or relocate, as needed.