*Hourly wages are based on state and local laws as well as previous work experience
The Host/Hostess performs guest service by greeting guests and seating all as promptly as possible. The Host/ Hostess always greet guests in a warm, hospitable manner and arrange seating in the most organized fashion. The Host/Hostess is always dressed properly and ready to seat guests at clean, properly prepared tables. A professional attitude and sincere hospitality toward all guests is required at all times.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Performs guest service by greeting guests and seating all as promptly as possible
- Always greets guests in a warm, hospitable manner and arranges seating in the most organized fashion
- Ensures that all available tables are clean and properly prepared
- Exhibits professional, sincere hospitality toward all guests at all time.
- Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example
- Carefully monitors the operation of the stores and assists the manager in identifying and solving present and potential guest problems
- Follows Cracker Barrel Old Country Store operational policies and procedures, including safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees and guests during each shift
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Available to work flexible hours that may include early mornings, evenings, weekends, nights and/or holidays
- Meet store operating policies and standards and cash handling and store safety and security, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Engage with and understand our guests, including discovering and responding to guest needs through clear and pleasant communication
- Comply with a dress code that prohibits displaying tattoos on face or throat.
- Available to perform many different tasks within the store during each shift.
- Read, write and comprehend the English language
- Stand for long periods of time
- Lift a maximum of 20 pounds overhead
- Work at a pace consistent with changing business volume and demands
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to build relationships