Who we are:
CPI makes the technology that powers your everyday life. If you’ve ever used a self-checkout, played the slots at a casino, gotten a drink from a vending machine, or paid to park your car, you’ve probably done so with the aid of one of the 10 million devices installed by CPI. From cash and coins to cards and mobile, we keep the world of payments moving with smart validation devices and business-management software. Our technology powers more than 4 billion transactions every week – and we want you to be a part of it.
Payment technology is constantly evolving, and our associates are up for the challenge. We pride ourselves in our ability to deliver excellent service and support for our vast existing field base, while pushing the envelope of innovation to design and deliver new solutions that reflect the modern payment landscape.
At CPI you will become a valuable part of our culture of inclusion and collaboration, working in partnership with more than 3,000 global associates supporting 110 countries and currencies. If you are interested in making a global impact, we are looking for a full-time Human Resources Intern to join us for Summer 2021!
About the role:
The Human Resources Intern is a fully integrated part of the Human Resources team. You will work closely with the global Human Resources team and leaders from all areas of our business to implement and support a range of Human Resources initiatives that will enhance our business strategy and improve the employee experience.
About the team:
With 25 Human Resources partners across the globe, the Human Resources Intern will be a valued and important member of the team. You will have the opportunity to partner with colleagues from a variety of backgrounds and areas of expertise.
Why work with us:
With a 160-year history of innovation and growth, more than 3,000 patents, and an unmatched commitment to success, you are joining a company that has shaped the global landscape of technology. At CPI, you will become a valuable part of an inclusive culture of collaboration and innovation, all while directly impacting global payment solutions. Come see your ideas make change.
Responsibilities and Duties
Summer 2021 Projects and Initiatives Include:
· Play a key role in a variety of Human Resources initiatives that improve the employee experience and support continuous improvement.
· Assist Human Resources team to provide excellent HR support to the business and employees.
· Philanthropy, Sustainability, and Equality Initiative: Partner with other business students to establish a PSE initiative.
· Participate in global HR roundtable meeting, weekly recruitment calls, and 1:1s with your manager and peers.
· Assist with other HR projects, tasks, and assignments as needed.
Qualifications and Required Skills
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Management, Labour Relations, or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a professional setting.
- Strong communication, analytical, and organization skills.
- Familiarity with HR practices, laws, and systems.
- Curiosity and drive to pursue a career in Human Resources.
Key Attributes for Success
· High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
- Excellent influencing skills, analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to establish credibility and be decisive and able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities
- Results and people oriented with sound judgment—ability to balance other business considerations
- Team player – able to work in a matrix organization
- Excellent communication skills verbally and in writing
· Competitive salaries
· Medical, dental, & vision insurance
· Community involvement
CPI is a part of CraneCo.
Crane Co. is a diversified manufacturer of highly engineered industrial products. Founded in 1855, Crane provides products and solutions to customers in the aerospace, electronics, hydrocarbon processing, petrochemical, chemical, power generation, automated merchandising, transportation and other markets. The Company has four business segments: Aerospace & Electronics, Fluid Handling, Engineered Materials, and Merchandising Systems. Crane has approximately 12,000 employees in North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Crane Co. is traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE:CR).
Crane Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.