At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a 2022 Co-Op Student (January – August) to join our Cloud Operations Team. This role is eligible for 100% Remote work.
Crestron Interns and Co-Ops can expect to be challenged with meaningful projects and tasks alongside professionals and subject matter experts in the field. Interns and Co-Ops are assigned a dedicated mentor who will be responsible for their development and acclimation to the company. Crestron will also provide a variety of training and networking opportunities to participants in the program, seeking to present participants with a comprehensive experience that enhances technical and non-technical skill sets and to prepare students for their professional careers. Crestron is an equal opportunity employer proud of its commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
- Responsible for creating tools to reduce manual effort into operations and monitoring of Cloud infrastructure.
- Establish Runbooks and procedures to maintain service level agreements on a global basis.
- Establish real-time dashboard that presents critical utilization and performance data and trends.
- Maintain and update alerts for various resources.
- Coordinate as needed with various interdepartmental teams, including Engineering, Product Development, Production, Marketing and Quality.
- Complete full project deliverables for several projects, concurrently.
- Work under minimal supervision with a wide degree of creativity and latitude for independent judgement.
- Maintain deployment CI/CD pipelines, integrate updates as per project’s needs.
- Handle deployment configuration tickets.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in Computer Science or a closely related field
- Must have permanent, unrestricted work authorization in the United States now and in the future
- Excellent understanding of computer networks, operating systems and distributed software systems
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or PowerShell or programing languages such as Java or C#
- A critical thinker that enjoys solving complex problems
- Ability to analyze and depict patterns and trends from data collected from multiple sources
- Capable of performing root cause analysis by correlating data from disjoint sources
- Knowledge of data engineering who is capable of harvesting, analyzing and validating large amounts of data, and providing visualization correlations of the data
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the Cloud-based Operations space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions