At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a 2022 Co-Op Student (January – August 2022) to join our Firmware Engineering Team, located at 22 Link Drive, Rockleigh, NJ. This co-op student will support the Streaming Team. This role has been designated as a Hybrid role with remote days on Monday and Thursday.
Crestron Interns and Co-Ops can expect to be challenged with meaningful projects and tasks alongside professionals and subject matter experts in the field. Interns and Co-Ops are assigned a dedicated mentor who will be responsible for their development and acclimation to the company. Crestron will also provide a variety of training and networking opportunities to participants in the program, seeking to present participants with a comprehensive experience that enhances technical and non-technical skill sets and to prepare students for their professional careers. Crestron is an equal opportunity employer proud of its commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
- Using automated tools to extract data from sources
- Developing and maintaining data systems – reorganizing data in a readable format
- Performing analysis to assess quality and meaning of data
- Using tools to identify, analyze, and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that could be helpful for the diagnosis
- Preparing final analysis reports for the stakeholders to understand the data-analysis steps, enabling them to take important decisions based on various facts and trends.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- Must be commutable to and from the Rockleigh, NJ area for the duration of the co-op period
- Must have permanent, unrestricted work authorization in the United States now and in the future
- Mathematical skills to help collect, measure, organize and analyze data
- Knowledge about database design development, data models, techniques of data mining and segmentation
- Knowledge of using data processing platforms
- Knowledge of how to create and apply the most accurate algorithms to datasets in order to find solutions
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the data analytics space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions