At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Co-Op Student (January – August 2022) to join our Software Engineering Department supporting the Device Drivers and Interface team in Plano, TX. This role is designated as available for 100% remote work.
Crestron Interns and Co-Ops can expect to be challenged with meaningful projects and tasks alongside professionals and subject matter experts in the field. Interns and Co-Ops are assigned a dedicated mentor who will be responsible for their development and acclimation to the company. Crestron will also provide a variety of training and networking opportunities to participants in the program, seeking to present participants with a comprehensive experience that enhances technical and non-technical skill sets and to prepare students for their professional careers. Crestron is an equal opportunity employer proud of its commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
The selected co-op student will have an exciting opportunity at hands-on work with Crestron’s Software Engineering team supporting the Device Drivers and Interface team. Project work and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Creating, testing, delivering and supporting drivers on various products such as:
- Crestron Home
- XiO cloud
- Flat Panel Displays
- AV receivers
- other Crestron products as needed
Working in the Device Drivers capacity will provide the co-op student with a unique look at a wide variety of Crestron products while also offering indispensable experience and insight into a facet of Software Engineering.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
- Must have permanent, unrestricted work authorization in the United States now and in the future
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire co-op period (students taking classes during the spring semester may work PT hours in the spring and FT hours in the summer)
- Familiarity with C#, Python, and scripting languages
- Familiarity with JSON
- Understanding of networking and serial interfaces
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot device and communication problems
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a “student mentality” possessing a long term desire to work in the Software Development space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions