Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a 2022 Co-Op Student (January 2022 through August 2022) to join our Software Platforms team in Rockleigh, NJ.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in a fast growing organization.
The Software Platforms team designs and develops the software tools used by dealers or independent programmers who have purchased Crestron hardware and are creating custom installations for clients.
The tools include compilers, graphical development environments, configuration tools, programming languages, and protocols for device communications. Software technologies used by this department include C#, C++, SQL, PowerShell and batch scripting among others.
This position is 100% remote.
As a member of this team, the co-op’s tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist with product and architectural improvements of Crestron Home features
- Software development of unit tests
- Learn how to use Crestron software tools and programming environments
- Other duties as assigned
The goal for the co-op is to develop the code that can be run on a nightly basis to confirm that no bugs have been introduced. As the co-op develops an understanding of the departmental goals and tasks assigned, we will continue to introduce new experiences and challenges.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or closely related field
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire co-op period beginning January 2022 and ending August 2022
- Must have permanent, unrestricted work authorization in the United States now and in the future
- Familiarity with the software environment is required for this position.
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the software development space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- Methodical and detail-oriented
- Able to follow instructions