Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Software DevOps Co-Op Student (January through August 2022) to join our Software Platforms department. This role is designated as 100% remote.
The Software Platforms team designs and develops the software tools used by dealers or independent programmers who have purchased Crestron hardware and are creating custom installations for clients.
The tools include compilers, graphical development environments, configuration tools, programming languages, and protocols for device communications. Software technologies used by this department include C#, C++, SQL, PowerShell and batch scripting among others.
This position is expected to be 100% remote but the ability to commute to our Rockleigh, NJ location on occasion if needed is preferred.
As a member of this team, the DevOps co-op’s tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support C# test automation code and frameworks
- Utilize and help transition to a Jenkins automation server
- Work with automation devices and software
- Investigate performance issues and suggest improvements
- Handling a variety of different types of projects and interacting with different development teams
- Help to improve software development processes
- Work in a team environment to achieve common goals
- Assist with source code management transition from Subversion to GitHub
- Other duties as assigned
As the co-op develops an understanding of the departmental goals and tasks assigned, we will continue to introduce new experiences and challenges. An analytical mind and familiarity with the software environment is required for this position.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or closely related field
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire co-op period beginning January 2022 and ending August 2022
- Must have permanent, unrestricted work authorization in the United States now and in the future
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: C#, Python, Java, or other Object Oriented language
- Familiarity with any of the following a plus: Jenkins, Linux, Visual Studio, REST APIs, JSON, Git
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the DevOps or Software Development space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- Methodical and detail-oriented
- Able to follow instructions