At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a 2022 Co-Op Student (January – August) to join our Software Engineering team in Rockleigh, NJ. Due to the equipment used in this role, this internship is designated as Hybrid with remote work days on Tuesday and Friday.
Crestron Interns and Co-Ops can expect to be chalenged with meaningful projects and tasks alongside professionals and subject matter experts in the field. Interns and Co-Ops are assigned a dedicated mentor who will be responsible for their development and acclimation to the company. Crestron will also provide a variety of training and networking opportunities to participants in the program, seeking to present participants with a comprehensive experience that enhances technical and non-technical skill sets and to prepare students for their professional careers. Crestron is an equal opportunity employer proud of its commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
As a member of this team, the co-op’s tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Learn how to use the Crestron audio / video technology
- Develop automation tests to that will exercise the performance and quality of the audio / video technology
- Assisting in troubleshooting and diagnosing issues with the audio / video technology
- Other duties as assigned
The goal for the co-op is to develop the code that can be run on a nightly basis to confirm that no bugs have been introduced. As the co-op develops an understanding of the departmental goals and tasks assigned, we will continue to introduce new experiences and challenges.
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or closely related field.
- Must be commutable to and from the Rockleigh, NJ area for the duration of the co-op period.
- Must have permanent, unrestricted work authorization in the United States now and in the future.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Experience with Windows
- Familiarity with Android and macOS
- Familiarity with networking
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the software engineering space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions