At Crestron Electronics, Inc we build the technology that integrates technology.
We are proud to be the largest and most recognized brand in automation and control solutions, and the premier technology partner for fortune 500 businesses globally.
Our products are integrated into new high-tech commercial buildings’ to include some of the most exciting real estate throughout the world. Our clients include Google, Microsoft, Amazon, LinkedIn and many others. We are the leaders in one of the most exciting and fastest growing industries in the world!
Our automation and control solutions for homes and buildings allow our clients to control entire environments with the push of a button, integrating systems such as Audio Visual, Lighting, Shading, Security, Building Management Systems and HVAC to provide greater comfort, convenience and security.
Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Co-Op Student from January 2022 thru August 2022 to join our Firmware Engineering Department in Rockleigh NJ. This role is designated as a hybrid role with Monday and Thursday as remote days.
Crestron Interns and Co-Ops can expect to be chalenged with meaningful projects and tasks alongside professionals and subject matter experts in the field. Interns and Co-Ops are assigned a dedicated mentor who will be responsible for their development and acclimation to the company. Crestron will also provide a variety of training and networking opportunities to participants in the program, seeking to present participants with a comprehensive experience that enhances technical and non-technical skill sets and to prepare students for their professional careers. Crestron is an equal opportunity employer proud of its commitment to Diversity & Inclusion.
The Crestron Firmware team is looking for a co-op with general programming skills and confidence in working with new or unfamiliar tools. The co-op would be responsible for:
- setting up testing environments
- executing manual and automated tests
- generating quality reports.
This co-op will learn about:
- automated testing
- unit test creation
- skills essential for building high quality modern software
- working with C#, PowerShell, Python, Jenkins, and Crestron software
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or closely related field.
- Must be available to work during the entire internship period beginning January 17th, 2022 and ending August 12th, 2022.
- Must be commutable to and from the Rockleigh, NJ area for the duration of the internship period to meet the hybrid schedule. We will not be able to accommodate fully remote co-ops in this role.
- Experience with Python, Powershell, or other scripting languages
- Experience with C#, Java, C++ or other programming language
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a “student mentality” possessing a long term desire to work in the Firmware Engineering & Test Automation space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions