Crestron Electronics continues to experience rapid growth as we invest in resources and create new opportunities; as a result, we have an exciting opportunity for a Co-Op Student from Fall 2021 to join our Software Tools team. This role can be done remotely.
In this role, the co-op student will focus on front-end development. The primary function of this role will be to develop a UI that closely matches the mockups provided by the Architects. Attention to detail is an important requirement.
- Work closely with team to design and implement frontend for interactive web application
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Write automated tests and user interface tests to support automated application testing
- Identifying problems uncovered by testing, and correcting them.
- Identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- Write technical documentation
- Must be enrolled in a college or university working toward a bachelors degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or closely related field
- Must be available to work up to 40 hours per week during the entire Co-Op period for Fall 2021
- Must have permanent work authorization in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- Experience with the following:
- HTML & CSS (1 year required)
- Node.js (1 year required)
- Understanding of Software Engineering designs and principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Quick learner, methodical and detail-oriented with desire to seek perfection
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently as well as within a team
- Must be responsible, self-motivated, creative, have a solid work ethic and have a desire to produce a quality product
- Strong communication skills (verbal, non-verbal, written, and listening) with the ability to articulate work at different levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Inquisitive individual with a desire to learn, possessing a long term desire to work in the Technology space
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Positive, personable, and able to work cohesively with other across various divisions