The auditor in the Internal Audit department of C&F will perform audits of financial/operational processes and controls of our business functions to identify key risks, control concerns, opportunities for improvement and best practices.
What you will do:
- Maintain documentation related to business controls to support Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and Model Audit Rule (MAR) compliance.
- Perform SOX and MAR test work, including annual walkthroughs, process documentation updates, test plan updates, and test procedures.
- Participate in business risk assessments.
- Use sound judgment and creativity when working with others to formulate practical recommendations in response to control concerns and opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain knowledge of business, organizational, and technological changes.
- Assist in completing the annual audit plan.
- Prepare organized work papers that outline results and identify issues.
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained to substantiate all audit related issues.
- Communicate audit findings with management at the end of audit fieldwork.
- Conduct follow-up activities to ensure audit findings are resolved.
- Participate on behalf of Internal Audit in special projects such as investigations, policy procedure reviews, and claim reviews.
- Attend management approved training as deemed appropriate.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
What you will bring to C&F:
- 0-2 years of auditing or finance experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics is required.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, strong analytic and problem-solving skills, and strong interpersonal skills are required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Domestic travel required (less than 10 percent).
- Will abide by departmental policies and procedures, including authority levels, to comply with C&F’s risk management controls.
- Competitive compensation package
- Generous 401K employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase plan with employer matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Excellent benefits that go beyond health, dental & vision. Our programs are focused on your whole family’s wellness, including your physical, mental and financial wellbeing
- A core C&F tenet is owning your career development, so we provide a wealth of ways for you to keep learning, including tuition reimbursement, industry-related certifications and professional training to keep you progressing on your chosen path
- A dynamic, ambitious, fun and exciting work environment
- We believe you do well by doing good and want to encourage a spirit of social and community responsibility, matching donation program, volunteer opportunities, and an employee-driven corporate giving program that lets you participate and support your community
At C&F you will BELONG
We value inclusivity and diversity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and welcome everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you require special accommodation, please let us know.