Electronic Systems Spring Co-Op Position
Please note: Your application will be considered for all of our open college positions in our US locations.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Electronic Systems Engineer to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Corporate Business in Columbus, IN and/or your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- This applied technology position creates software that is sold as an integral part of Cummins’ products. People in these positions will be involved in specification, design, implementation, testing and/or release of software that controls the operation of Cummins’ products in a variety of customer applications.
- This applied technology position creates electronic tools that are used to create embedded software, or manufacture and service Cummins’ products. People in these positions will be involved in specification, design, implementation, testing and/or release of tools.
- This applied technology position creates electronic hardware that is integral to Cummins’ products. People in these positions will typically develop and validate electronic sensors, actuators, control units or harnesses to ensure the consistent operation of Cummins’ products in a variety of customer applications.
- This product focused position tailors’ electronic systems for Cummins products. People in these positions will configure (tune), integrate, test, and release software, electronic control units, tools, sensors, actuators, and harnesses into an electronic system that controls the operation of Cummins’ products in a variety of customer applications.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Design and Application of Mechantronics Systems
- Machine Integration and Optimization
- Product Failure Mode Avoidance
- Product Problem Solving
- Product Verification and Validation Management
- System Requirements Engineering
- Decision quality
- Drives results
- Communicates effectively
Degree Programs Considered: Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD
Major Programs Typically Considered: All Engineering Majors
Cummins Co-op program criteria:
- Must be a full-time enrolled student pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Minimum 3.0 GPA preferred
- Must be able to complete a minimum of 16 weeks, up to a maximum of 52 weeks
- Must be able to complete 40 hours per week
- Willingness to learn from others on the job
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins