Fundraising and Operations Associate, San Rafael, CA
The Daraja Education Fund (DEF) is a US 501(c)3 organization located in Marin County, California with a mission to support programs that educate and empower girls from poverty to become community leaders.
DEF’s primary project is funding the 10-year-old Daraja Academy, a boarding high school for girls living in poverty in Kenya. Every girl deserves the education she needs to improve her life, her community, and the world. Without Daraja, these girls could not afford to attend high school by any other way. Each year, 150 scholarships are provided to students. Over 80% of Daraja graduates have qualified for college and continue to be active in their communities. www.Daraja-Academy.org
· Plays well with others—a team player, but can work independently
· Cheerful and has a sense of humor for the ridiculous
· Rolls with the punches (flexible)
· Wants to know how things are built, and consistently asks the question why (curiosity)
· Focused on the details and how they make the big picture happen
· A combination of creativity and the ability to ask the next question (initiative)
· Genuine and warm demeanor with donors and other stakeholders
· Doesn’t put lol or emojis in formal communications (excellent oral and written skills), but does with their colleagues .
· Bachelor’s Degree, or nearly completed
· Demonstrated passion for girls/women’s empowerment
The Associate will report to the Deputy Director and is responsible for supporting the fundraising and donor relations of the Daraja Education Fund, including the following:
· Support capital campaign and other major donor fundraising initiatives
· Assist in planning and execution of DEF events
· Fulfillment of donation processing, acknowledgement of contributions, and hand-written thank you notes
· Maintain the donor database (Bloomerang), including data entry, cleaning, and running reports
· Coordinate payments to vendors and assist in the preparation of financial reports with the DEF bookkeeper
· Provide administrative support for the office including calendaring, email, printing procurement, marketing collation, and other administrative tasks as necessary
· Develop and coordinate donation forms on Qgiv, GreaterGiving, and other donation processing software
· Assist the Executive Director with special projects as needed
This is a full-time position based in our San Rafael office and may require occasional weekend or evening hours during special events. (Occasional remote work may be approved as recommended by State Covid guidelines.)
$25/hour, Full time 40 hours per week, accrued vacation, paid holidays, and health insurance.
To Apply: Send cover letter and resume to HR@daraja.org. Your cover letter should indicate why you’re interested in this particular position and how your background is a match for it.