DIGITAL CONTENT & MARKETING
The Shark Group is a Marketing Consulting firm that offers branding solutions for its world‐class clients of top brands and celebrities founded by Daymond John, CEO & Founder of FUBU and star of ABC’s hit business show Shark Tank. It has perfected the methods to ingrain companies, brands, and products into the social consciousness. Using product integration, sponsorships, licensing and unique events, it organically promotes products in the hottest music videos, on the most popular television shows, and with the most influential celebrities.
With over 30 years in the licensing industry focusing on brand extensions, Shark Branding has developed multi-million-dollar programs with major fashion brands. Our powerful network of strategic partners— maintained at the senior level of our business—cross industries including apparel, electronics, sports, publishing, beverages, accessories, footwear, and entertainment.
As a Marketing Copywriter Intern, you will work directly with the President and Marketing Manager in developing competencies in lead generation, customer acquisition, product development, advertising, customer relationship management (CRM) and Social media strategies. Your Marketing & Copywriting efforts will be put towards The Shark Group and Daymond on Demand.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess the following skills and abilities:
- English, Creative Writing, Advertising, Marketing, and Communications, majors preferred
- Must have a passion / interested in pursuing a career in Marketing, Advertising, or Copywriting.
- Prior business experience preferred but not required
- Highly functional computing and social media skills, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms. Knowledge of Adobe Suite Programs preferred but not required.
- Must be comfortable with completing tasks with deadlines
- Strong business writing and editing skills
- Ability to convey an idea and plan
- High-Level attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must be personable and comfortable around celebrities and top executives
- Maximum amount of internship hours a week: 20 per week
Responsibilities/ Projects/ Assignments:
Interns will be exposed to a variety of projects and assignments throughout the course of their internship, in line with their educational goals and career interests. Some of these responsibilities, projects, and assignments have been provided below:
- Support the President & Marketing Manager in any and all aspects of day-to-day operation of division
- Write informative and engaging copy in the brand voice while optimizing the product at hand.
- Writing/editing blog posts, articles, and social media posts
- Writing/editing email copy
- Writing/editing website copy
- Work with graphic designers, website developers, and sales team to ensure all copy stays within the brand, company image, and goals
- Helping with any Marketing related tasks
- Assist in the preparation or revision of client correspondences, status reports, improving business writing skills in the process
- Assist the department staff with other special projects, as needed
- Must be currently enrolled in a college or university and able to receive credit for your internship at The Shark Group
- Must provide an official school letter acknowledging proof of enrollment and eligibility
- All internships will be remote, candidates must have access to working wifi and a computer/ laptop
This is an unpaid internship; however, a $10 daily travel stipend will be provided.
The Shark Group is in compliance with all State and Federal labor laws and guidelines.