Position Description Summary:
Responsible for ensuring legal compliance and providing import administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for ocean shipments. Review contracts for required clauses and identifies omissions. Interface with internal and external customers, foreign order administration, freight forwarders, customs officers, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics of shipment. Select carrier for shipment of products and prepares documents for freight forwarders. Accurately perform all accounting functions related to the billing, distribution and collection of funds for the client’s cargo.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
• Prepare price quotations on inbound international freight
• Rate and route international traffic
• Follow up with customers to resolve inquires
• Prepare, route, and cut air bills and manifests
• Correct billings and issue debit and credit memos for customers
• Arrange for pick up and movement of freight to gateways
• Expedite inbound import traffic to facilitate customs clearance
• Initiate and maintain customer master profiles in order to have correct information on hand in order to offer consistent service.
• Key in U.S. Customs entry line items into the Import CHB Computer System and submit entry to customs.
• Communicating information and instructions to/from vendors.
• Researching and resolving operational problems.
• Review all documents, contact all first-time customers, perform credit checks, and handle other tasks as needed.
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Assignment Complexity – Work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
Accountability – Use ability as a skilled specialist in accordance with corporate policies and procedures to complete complex tasks in creative and effective ways.
Impact of Decisions – Errors detectable upon supervisory review. Identifiable impact on corporate operations and fiscal health.
Working Relationships – Regularly interact with peers and management concerning matters of complex scope and discretion.
Scope – Work on problems complex in scope. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other nonexempt personnel.
Must be able to pass any federal/state/local government, airport, or company-required background checks, clearances, and/or drug and alcohol tests.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a senior level position. Generally prefer 3-6 years of experience. Good interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of Word and Excel. Knowledge of general freight forwarding terms and standards. Knowledge of U.S. Customs Regulations and Harmonized Tariff Schedule. Basic knowledge of accounting functions and relative information retrieval. High school diploma or equivalent required