DDL is a third party testing facility dedicated to helping medical device and pharmaceutical companies across the globe bring products to market. For over 30 years, DDL has provided extraordinary service and specialized testing expertise to the medical device, pharmaceutical, and consumer goods industries. We help save lives by providing the highest standards for package, product and material testing.
The nature of our services offers a great sense of purpose and accomplishment among all employees. There is a strong sense of teamwork and excellence as we work towards our common goals.
If you’re a team player who is looking for a sense of accomplishment and a place to call home then DDL is the place for you!
The primary role of the Packaging Engineer Intern / Co-op is to gain a strong understanding of how a packaging test lab operates along with gaining knowledge of industry test standards through a hands-on experience in real world applications.
The internship is from June – December 2021, and the salary is $20.00/hr.
Essential Job Functions:
• Preparation of samples for testing
• Performance of testing per the specified test plan and/or SOP, and operation of respective equipment for each test.
• Documentation of results.
• Repackaging of test samples after testing is complete.
• Perform internal projects and write or revise SOP’s which will be used to improve processes.
• Inventory test samples, set-up tests, and compile data in spreadsheets
• Provide assistance to Project Manager(s), create worksheets, and write test reports as needed.
• Other duties as requested.
• Currently enrolled in an Engineering program
• Lab experience preferred
• MS Office, Fluent in English
INTEGRITY & CREDIBILITY – We openly model honesty, courage, and accountability.
TEAM WORK – Be part of the team. Working together, rising above any conflicts that present themselves, in order to achieve common goals and make continued progress.
EXCELLENCE – We hold ourselves and each other to high standards and pursue superior performance.
CAN DO ATTITUDE – Ability to rise above the immediate circumstance and change the way we think about situations in order to reach the desired goals.
QUALITY – Dedication to providing quality work, services and products that meet or exceed expectations and a commitment to quality improvement.
HUMILITY AND CIVILITY- Respect for others and their contributions. We recognize that we are imperfect but always strive to improve.
FUN – Enjoying what you get to do and who you do it with so that a contagious enthusiasm is brought to every job, project and interaction you have in the workplace.