Purchasing Agent, 601479100
- Please note, during the COVID-19 Pandemic, the Agency is operating in a maximum telework posture for all telework ready employees occupying a telework eligible position.
- Perform simplified acquisitions, and issues delivery orders against existing requirements contracts and blanket purchase agreements (BPAs).
- Review delivery time, minimum requirements and proper item descriptions.
- Research applicable contract clauses and provisions for purchases such as inspection, acceptance, packaging, shipping, etc., and determines the best method of transportation for articles ordered dependent on urgency of request.
- Interpret and apply current Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) Supplement, Defense Logistics Acquisition Directive (DLAD) and local agency purchasing regulations, policies and procedures.
- Resolve discrepancies with vendors when problems arise using tact and diplomacy at all times when dealing with vendors/contractors.
- Skill and Knowledge of oral and written communication.
- Performs Pre-Award and Post Award Acquisition functions on purchase/delivery orders. Evaluate offers comparative price analysis for reasonableness and recommend award to the Contracting Officer.
- Performs other duties as assigned