Dell Technologies Services
Professional Services Engineering, Undergraduate Intern
Are you passionate about working for a company with an unparalleled commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities? Join us as an Engineering Intern on our Dell Technologies Services, End User Computing team in Austin, Texas.
Dell Technologies Services (DT Services) is an organization within Dell Technologies. DT Services provides support and extended warranty services, managed deployment, enterprise installation, cybersecurity and configuration services for both Enterprise and Client customers. It is one of the most strategic and profitable organizations in the company and is currently experiencing explosive global growth. DT Services is made up of global operations teams to include customer service, supply chain, and professional services, marketing and sales operations teams, finance, engineering, and more.
What you’ll achieve
Dell Technologies Services (DT Services) is currently looking for interns in the field of Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity and Computer Sciences to work on assessing, designing, validating, documenting and implementing complex Windows Image solutions while ensuring security is incorporated into customer endpoints, infrastructure design and implementation. As an intern at Dell, you will learn more about the architecture, definition of computing devices, solutions and will partner with systems and cybersecurity engineers.
· Work within Dell Technologies Services teams to assess, design, validate, document and implement complex Windows Image solutions while ensuring security is incorporated into customer endpoint, infrastructure design and implementation.
· Anticipate operational, program, implementation issues, and develops preventative measures
· Adapt projects, programs or methods based on customer or business partner feedback
· Work across the organization to effectively obtain and allocate resources to complete programs and projects on time
· Frequently interacts with Executives, Directors, Senior Managers, peers, project/program managers, operations, marketing, finance, and other internal and external customers
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
· Enrolled in an accredited Bachelor of Science program in Computer Engineering, Cybersecurity, Electronic Systems Engineering Technology or Computer Sciences. Coursework must include a substantial number of upper level engineering courses
· On track to graduate Fall 2022 or Spring 2023
· Possess basic understanding of computer architectures like x86 and ARM.
· Possess basic understanding of security and computing technologies
· Possess basic understanding of software operating systems including Microsoft based products
· Able to carry out independent research using advanced analytical techniques
· Able to write and analyze requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, test plans, and documentation.
· Must be able to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Engineering function
· Must have strong verbal along with written communication and presentation skills
· Able to organize and manage multiple projects, set priorities, and work independently under aggressive timelines
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Employment Opportunity Policy here.