Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm headquartered in New York City with regional offices in Denver, Los Angeles and Toronto, is looking to hire a Coordinator, Digital Marketing to join our “place marketing” agency in Denver, Colorado. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” – visit www.aboutdci.com.
DCI is an equal opportunity employer and has taken a Diversity Pledge to ensure our agency is advancing racial justice, identifying unconscious bias, educating our staff, and using our place marketing platform to advocate for change. Our agency is also a member of the Diversity Action Alliance and Black Travel Alliance. While this job posting is a guide, we welcome applicants that may bring diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences to DCI.
We’re looking for a strong candidate who has a keen passion for places and a love for writing, with interest in B2B digital marketing, gaining agency experience and wants to have a chance to work with some amazing clients around the world, including Mississippi, Enterprise Florida, Florida Power and Light, South Dakota, the Netherlands and more.
This person will work closely with our digital marketing team on research, website strategy, copywriting and more.
Wondering if DCI is right for you?
- You love places. When you visit a place, it’s more than just getting a stamp on your passport. It’s about experiencing the culture and finding out what makes this place unique compared to others. And then once you find out what makes that place special, you tell all your friends on Facebook, on your blog, on Instagram and Snapchat…you name the medium, you’ve shared it.
- You’re curious. Alice might have said that “Curiosity often leads to trouble,” but that’s not our motto here. We want you to go through the looking glass and find new digital worlds for us to explore.
- You aren’t afraid to think big. Did you learn about an amazing digital marketing campaign that you’d like to try out with our clients? Recommend it. If you’re not afraid to think big, we’re not afraid to try it.
- You’re detail-oriented. While you’re a big thinker, you know that sometimes the biggest bang for your buck is in getting the details right the first time, every time.
- You’re quirky as hell. Let’s face it, we aren’t boring and neither are our employees, so why would we settle for anything less than a bit of quirk?
- Develop project management skills and an understanding of WordPress CMS
- Learn how to analyze a website’s SEO performance and optimize website copy for SEO
- Research and draft website copy as needed for client websites
- Assist with compiling data, images and messaging to create client presentations in Google Slides
- Image sourcing and outreach for client websites
- Assist with website redirects, news tagging, and technical “behind the scenes” aspects of our WordPress websites
- Research client rankings and statistics for website content
- Pull website data from Google Analytics to help analyze a website’s performance
- Sit in on client calls as needed to take notes and learn more about our projects
- Develop an understanding of DCI and our different divisions
- Relevant internships and/or work experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Creativity and an eye for design
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- Travel industry experience or knowledge a plus
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms and content management tools
- Understanding of HTML-coding and WordPress environments
- Experience collaborating effectively internally and externally as part of an integrated team
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- In light of the CDC’s guidelines on safety and vaccinations, DCI requires all final candidates to be fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus as a way to strengthen protection for our staff, our agency, and our clients
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- Professional mentoring/development
- Flexible time off
- 401k match