Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI), a destination marketing firm is looking to hire a Marketing Coordinator to join our Place Marketing team in New York City. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.
DCI is an equal opportunity employer and has taken a Diversity Pledge to ensure our agency is advancing racial justice, identifying unconscious bias, educating our staff, and using our place marketing platform to advocate for change. Our agency is also a member of the Diversity Action Alliance and Black Travel Alliance. While this job posting is a guide, we welcome applicants that may bring diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences to DCI.
Description: In this role, the Marketing Coordinator will support the creative services team within DCI’s economic development practice, working on brand development, marketing strategies, print and digital content, and virtual and in-person event planning to promote the places we represent as ideal locations for business investment and residents.
The Marketing Coordinator should bring a strong balance of creativity and administrative effectiveness to the role, possess strong writing capability and an “eye for design” (though InDesign experience is not required) and be adept at working both independently and collaboratively. S/he will work closely across DCI’s internal teams – such as partnering with the graphic design team on graphics, collateral and brand assets for clients, with the digital team to develop templates and content for e-newsletters, social media and websites, and with creative team colleagues on strategizing and executing outreach to site selection consultants. Attention to detail and responsiveness is critical for this role.
- Relevant internships. Agency or economic development experience is a plus.
- Exceptional writing skills
- Creativity and an eye for design
- Passion for researching and creating content and reports
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Professional demeanor and confidence in speaking with clients, partners and stakeholders
- Impeccable organization and attention to detail
- BA/BS required
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- In light of the CDC’s guidelines on safety and vaccinations, DCI requires all final candidates to be fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus as a way to strengthen protection for our staff, our agency, and our clients
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- Annual professional development and health & wellness budget
- Flexible time off
- 401k match
To Apply: Send a cover letter stating why you are a good match for DCI and resume. Writing samples are highly encouraged.