Company: Development Counsellors International (DCI), headquartered in New York City, is looking to hire a Public Relations & Marketing Assistant Account Executive (AAE) to join our “place marketing” agency in either our New York City office or our Denver, CO office. For more information about DCI – named one of Outside Magazine’s “Best Places To Work” – visit www.aboutdci.com.
DCI is an equal opportunity employer and has taken a Diversity Pledge to ensure our agency is advancing racial justice, identifying unconscious bias, educating our staff, and using our place marketing platform to advocate for change. Our agency is also a member of the Diversity Action Alliance and Black Travel Alliance. While this job posting is a guide, we welcome applicants that may bring diverse backgrounds, ideas and experiences to DCI.
The AAE will support the development, implementation and analysis of public relations programs to promote the cities, states and countries that we represent as ideal locations for business investment and talent attraction. Buddies with top media? Quick on your feet? Love the challenge of finding a hook and thrill of landing a big hit? Then this position is for you!
- We are seeking applicants with a bachelor’s degree and at least 1 year of PR experience at a public relations agency or in an in-house public relations role
- Passion for developing story ideas and writing pitches
- Confidence in pitching media on phone/email and a proven track record of media placements
- Very strong writing skills
- Experience in tracking media placements and reporting public relations success
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Able to keep up with a fast-paced agency environment
- Located in the NYC metro area or Denver metro area
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or have all necessary approvals to live/work in the U.S.
- Competitive base salary with unique “open book” management approach that delivers performance-based incentives
- Medical/dental coverage
- Annual professional development and health & wellness budget
- Flexible time off
- 401k match